dinsdag 21 februari 2017

Santa Barbara International Film Festival 2017


Its been a week ago, but I finally have time now to write a post about the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. Its been 10 long days. It was really fun, but also exhausting. I didn't really eat or sleep for ten days. Probably the busiest week I've had in my entire life. But I made it! It was for my film & media class. I had to attend from morning till night. I went to guest lectures, seminars, movies, and the tributes till night time. And I had to write every day film reviews. I've posted a few on this blog. The first night started with the opening night, also known as gala. It was the busiest night in the festival week. Everybody dressed up fancy. We saw the intense documentery: CHARGED. Here's my review about it, if you wanna read it: http://sbccfilmreviews.org/?p=37661
After that we had the afterparty! Free food, free vodka. Can it get any better? Next day Denzel Washington came, he squeezed my hand haha. His speech was mostly about acting, and they showed old clips of movies when he was younger. The next day we had a guest talk with two editors of films like: titanic, back to the future, pirates and the caribbean. It was pretty interesting for me, because I'm now taking editing 2. I'd never thought that I would like editing. I also got my own macbook few weeks ago with the editing program: Adobe Premiere. Editing is really the most creative part of the film. I mean actually everything is creative in film, but editing is the last piece you do at the end. You basically put the entire movie together, make it a story. These editors told us that editing was better in the old days, because now you literally push 'command K.' Also one of the editors told us he always wanted a female assistant, because women see different things, they make a different story. I told him like an idiot well if you ever look for an assistant *I VOLUNTEER.* he laughed tho. After that we went with our class to the University seeing La La Land. It was my first time seeing this movie. I already posted a film review about it on my blog so better read it;) As suprise in the end of the movie Damien Chazelle walked in. If you do not know who Damien is, he's the director from la la land. It was pretty cool he just made time for us, I mean there were only like 20 students. I asked him a question if he has advice for us because we are all film students. He said be personal. Damien is only 31 and he's a director of a master film. He is super tiny and kinda cute. That night Emma Stone & Ryan Gosling arrived!!! So I went pretty early to the red carpet. Good thing about it is I live next door the theatre where the festival takes place. Lots of people at the event. Ryan came. All those annoying people who make money through selling autographs came, jump on us LITERALLY. We saw nothing, it was horrible. I squeezed my eye, and I saw Ryan Gosling's hand, and I just touched it like a fucking creep. I literally touched his hand like he was a cat or something. Ryan will remember me now forever. That creepy hand who touched me. So then I went in the event. I sneaked in to sit infront because all the sponsors sit there. I saw my friend who sneaked in next to me. We were sitting at the vodka sponsor. Then the vodka people came to us and were like oh you also work for this company? And we were like yesss... ofcourse we look obviously stupid cuz we look like 18 years old. And how can an eighteen year old work for vodka haha? Fuck. We had to move. I was sitting in the middle, the view was alright. Ryan Gosling is just so handsome. I mean... just look at his face... The interview was held by a professor of my college, who also happens to be the boss of the festival. The interview was mostly about snoring. After two hours I went to get my bike. Saw my roommate screaming who got a selfie with Mr. Gosling. Arghhhhhh. The next day it was the Virtuoas award. The only actor I knew was Dev Patel from skins uk & slumdog millionare. And guess who has a selfie with him? Dev is really cool and just nice to every fan. How did I took this picture with him? Is because my house is close to the back entrance, and only 5 fans show up when its done. I look pretty weird on that picture because I just got out of the shower, and put some red lipstick on. Next day Casey Affleck & Michelle Williams came. I was kind of late and saw someone staring at me at the redcarpet, I thought maybe that person was homeless... but it was Casey Affleck. I really like Casey, he's an amazing actor, and he has a cool voice. They were talking about there movie 'Manchester by the sea' so many spoilers and I haven't seen it yet. After that I went to the back door took a selfie with Casey. I hope the beard and the long hair is for a new movie. I mean c'ommon that must be his reason right? Because he's really good looking. The next day I went to the producers panel of all the big new movies. You know only 30% in Hollywood is female! What the fuck. Lets change that, its crazy. That evening director awards. I saw Damien again, he got out of his car and his water bottle dropped (those green water bottles from glass) anyway out of my mouth came: oh there goes the vodka.... AND HE LAUGHED. So next week are the oscars and 100% sure he's going to win the oscars, and now for the rest of my life I can tell yeah well I might not be funny but Damien Chazelle laughed at my joke. After the tribute I took a picture with him. I wanted to say something nice so I said goodluck with the oscars. First let me explain I just wanted to say a nice thing. Out of nowhere his bodyguard responds yeah well he's going to win the oscars. Ofcourse, I know that! I just wanted to say something nice okay:( hopefully he's not gonna say on his oscar speech next week: yeah and I just wanna say fuck u to that girl who told me good luck what you didn't thought I could win this? Loooook at me now. Haha. Next day Isabelle Huppert (most famous french actress) came. She is in Paul Verhoeven (Dutch director) new film: Ellé. Still haven't seen that movie, want to see it so badly. During her speech someone in the audience fell a sleep. How fucking rude. I couldn't hear her anymore. That person was snoring for 10 minutes. Thats so sad. Didn't got a picture with her. Next day Jeff Bridges came. He's a local in our town, even my professors are friends with him. I was super tired that night, but I didn't ruin his speech and fell a sleep and start snoring right? Next day closing night, most boring movie I've ever seen. So that was the film festival. I probably forgot a lot of stuff but I got the most part. Lots of famous people, at the end you don't even care anymore. Oh is that Christopher Lloyd? Alrighty then. But it was super fun, scroll down for my pictures. This was my first festival, and I'm allowed to go to other festivals so maybe Cannes Film Festival next? or maybe intern at the oscars? ;)










































Geen opmerkingen: